IDEA offers a wide range of bulk logistics solutions tailored to the needs of its customers, guaranteeing product integrity and security of supply.
IDEA Groupe bulk logistics
IDEA proposes on location or outsourced solutions that include the control and management of goods flows:
- Product storage
- Maritime import/export forwarding-customs
- Road and rail transport
- Factory supply
- Product traceability
- Bringing goods into compliance
- Maritime handling
A few figures
- 4 dedicated sites
- Storage capacity 200,000 tonnes
- 2,000,000 tonnes handled each year
IDEA is the co-creator of independent import and export terminals: agri-food bulk import store (TMV), first independent French peat turf terminal (Eurotourbes) and cereal silo.
IDEA has legacy know-how in the bulk agri-food supply chain. Its expertise is based on real partnerships with its customers, such as Cargill, Axéréal, Cecab, Bunge and Dreyfus.
Certifications dedicated to the bulk activity
For all its bulk logistics activities, IDEA is certified ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, GTP, Organic Agriculture and is certified for the application of plant protective products.
BULK LOGISTICS PROJECT ENGINEERING
Engineers and business managers specialised in bulk develop scalable solutions tailored to customer needs. These solutions can be incorporated into a comprehensive logistics offer.
Project engineering makes it possible to offer customised solutions aimed at incorporating customer requirements, optimising processes, rationalising costs, ensuring reliable and responsive flow management, and developing innovative logistics solutions.
The IDEA offering
IDEA supports the development of its industrial customers by offering them services adapted to the specificities of their activities.
In consultation with each customer, IDEA defines the organisation to be set up to meet the challenges of manufacturers
- Needs analysis
- Definition of bulk logistics services and their scope
- Proposal of organisations
- Dedicated investments
- Implementation of resources: trained and competent staff, appropriate equipment
- Control and monitoring of the service
- Improvement plans
IDEA operates both on location in its customers' premises and at its own operating sites.
For bulk logistics services in the customer's premises, IDEA teams are responsible for the services they provide under the customer's authority, in compliance with its internal regulations and prevention plan.
OUR BULK LOGISTICS SERVICES ON OURS SITES OR ON LOCATION AT THE CUSTOMERS’
- Receiving of products arriving by ship, truck and train
- Storage and conservation of products (flat silo, outdoor yard and vertical silo)
- Transformation of the goods (cleaning, drying)
- Dispatch of the products by ship and truck
Cargill, a legacy partner
For more than 20 years, IDEA has been involved in co-managing and scheduling Cargill flows:
- import trade in bulk products intended for animal feed
- Montoir-de-Bretagne rapeseed crushing plant
- Saint-Nazaire sunflower seed crushing plant
MANAGEMENT OF SITES DEDICATED TO BULK PRODUCTS
IDEA has 4 operating sites dedicated to bulk activities.
Business sectors: animal feed, human food, fertilizers, minerals, chemicals, etc.
Main bulk operating sites:
- Saint-Nazaire port silo - Capacity 60,000 T - Export dockside site
- Gron site in Montoir-de-Bretagne - Capacity 15,000 T - Approved organic site
- La Barillais site in Montoir-de-Bretagne - Capacity 40,000 T - Multi-product SEVESO site
- TMV site at the port of Montoir-de-Bretagne - Capacity 75,000 T - Import dockside site
Located between Saint-Nazaire and Montoir-de-Bretagne, these operating sites are located near port terminals, the intersection of the agri-food bulk logistic flows.
- Watch the video of the Saint-Nazaire port silo and the operating "La Barillais"
ROAD AND RAIL TRANSPORT
IDEA provides road transport on behalf of its customers and handles road and rail transport at its own operating sites and at its customers' operating sites.